none
Biztalk 2013 calling Stored Procedure in SQL 2012 write incomplete for 837P Claims RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all!

I have a interface that is supposed to write to a database information from a HIPAA 837P claim. Seems that everything works correctly with no errors being thrown and the data looks complete in the Orchestration Debugger, however the data that is written to the data base is just the first letter or number of the original data.

Example:

fName=Donald

lName=Duck

I get in the DB

fName=D

lName=D

Any thoughts??

Thanks

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 10:30 PM

Answers

• The error was in my stored procedure which after correcting it and adding = NULL to the parameters it started working as expected. :)
    • Marked as answer by sysdoc Friday, August 16, 2013 5:46 AM
    Friday, August 16, 2013 5:45 AM

All replies

• Can you describe the BizTalk app with some more detail?  Where are the Maps, what adapter are you using, etc.

If you write the output to a File instead of the database, do you see all the data or just the first letter?

First thing you have to do is figure out how far the data gets before it's truncated.

Thursday, August 15, 2013 11:40 AM
  • Yeah, I sure can, the app at this point is very simple and consists of a receive shape>Transform/Map then to two send shapes that write %MessageID%.xml to a directory on localhost and the other sends to SQL server on localhost also.

The message as it exits the transform/map has the data in it. below is the message from the orchestration's debugger.

"<ns0:requestRootName xmlns:ns0="http://SQLservice"><ns0:Claim837InsertPatient fName="DONALD" lName="DUCK" PatID="00094134791" /></ns0:requestRootName>"

Then the SQLSendPort uses the SQLservice.xsd. to send the data to the stored  procedure that just write the data to the dbo.Patients table. The xml that is written to the file is below.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><ns0:requestRootName xmlns:ns0="http://SQLservice"><ns0:Claim837InsertPatient fName="DONALD" lName="DUCK" PatID="00094134791" /></ns0:requestRootName>

• Edited by sysdoc Friday, August 16, 2013 12:20 AM
    Friday, August 16, 2013 12:19 AM
  • The error was in my stored procedure which after correcting it and adding = NULL to the parameters it started working as expected. :)
    • Marked as answer by sysdoc Friday, August 16, 2013 5:46 AM
    Friday, August 16, 2013 5:45 AM