How to upload a Database to a free hosting service? Security Issues.. RRS feed

• Question

• User-1298832285 posted

When I attached my database to Somee.com (free hosting site), it comes up with the following error:

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'c:\dzsqls\Guestbook.mdf' is denied. at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.File.InternalDelete(String path, Boolean checkHost) at DZWebSvc.DZWebAgent.AttachNewUserDBDataFileOnly(String DBName, String LoginName, String OriginalDBFileName, String OriginalLogFileName, String NewDBFileName, Int32 MaxDataFileSizeMB, Int32 MaxLogFileSizeMB, String ConnectionString, Boolean ChangeDefaultSchemaToDbo, String tk) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

I know it has to do something with the security of the database, but I don't know what and where to change?

Tuesday, June 9, 2015 10:55 AM

All replies

• User-84896714 posted

Hi Bhupinder,
    Does the error occured when you uploaded the database file?
    Please mark sure the file size is less or equal to the values allowed by MS SQL hosting plan.
    Link below is for your reference.
    http://somee.com/doka/DoHelpTopics.aspx?docode=false&thnid=76
    Hoping my reply could be helpful to you.
    Best Regards,
    Wang Li

Wednesday, June 10, 2015 2:38 AM
  • User-1298832285 posted

The error doesn't let me to upload the file. It occurs when I click the upload button. There must be some security settings that doesn't allow the website to get hold of the file. 

Yes, the file's size is well within the limit, it's a very tiny file. I haven't changed any settings in the database, so I presume it should be a very common error for the beginners (like me).  

Wednesday, June 10, 2015 4:07 AM
  • User1968955075 posted

i have same issue ? did you find any solution 

Sunday, July 12, 2015 2:20 PM