none
Can I use Windows Embeded 8.1 as my normal OS in Desktop and Laptop? RRS feed

All replies

• There is a legal limitation that office cannot be fully installed on WEI 8.1 and shipped as a product. Is this for personal use?

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 6:38 AM
  • Hi,

There is a legal limitation that office cannot be fully installed on WEI 8.1 and shipped as a product. Is this for personal use?

where can I found details about this legal limitation?

Best regards, Hans-Georg

Friday, July 1, 2016 10:07 AM
  • Contact your local Microsoft representative. The CLA has the language in it.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide SIM (WEI), Pro Guide to WE8S & WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Friday, July 1, 2016 2:52 PM
  • As far as I know: NO. The CLA for embedded systems (eCLA) usually limits use of embedded systems to "Embedded Devices". A embedded device is supposed (in CLA too) to be a device which was designed for a specific application, and consits of components (HW and SW) that are required to fullfill it's intended purpose.

In meaning of MS Office may distributor explainded that as follows: If, for example, Excel is required to fullfill a specific function of the EMBEDDED DEVICE, you may add it to your image.

Last but not least, as already mentoined here, take a look into your eCLA, or ask your distributor.

Tuesday, July 5, 2016 4:37 PM