storyboards-behaviors RRS feed

• Question

• I am creating a sketchflow right now.  but I am have trouble with a couple things.  

1)  When you create a storyboard and add a behavior to an object to intiate the behavior, how do you ensure it does storyboard does not reload everytime you click an item.  For example, I have an field that expands upon a click.  Everything squeezes small and one window opens large, with the link that I attached the behavior too pushing to the bottom on the large window.  But when I click the link at the bottom of the window it still causes things to repeat.  How do I make sure that does not happen?

2)  Along the same lines.  After everything is expanded I would like to then click that link at the bottom of the expanded window and have everything return to its starting position.  I just can't see to figure that out.  

Thank for your help. 

Taylor
    Thursday, December 3, 2009 8:59 AM

All replies

• I'm trying to understand the application that you're describing -- so you have a link, and when you click on it, you want a frame to expand and appear, and the link you clicked ends up in this frame?  And the problem is that when you click on this link, the animation occurs again?

I don't know how to do this offhand, but the first thing that comes to mind is to look at DataTriggers and see if there's a property that you can change in your link (maybe the text?), so that when you click on it, the animation that occurs is defined by this property.  I hope this helps a little.
    Thursday, December 3, 2009 11:18 PM
  • Here's a possibly-helpful link that I just found that I think is related to what you're trying to do:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/wpf/thread/ffeb5b40-e5c1-4ba1-bb95-b3d2a7ff0d2b/
    Thursday, December 3, 2009 11:25 PM