Access runtime Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) RRS feed

• Question

• In my MS Access 16 application (.accdb), I can use my Quick Access Toolbar (QAT).
    However, when using this application by changing the name (.accdr) with MS Access RUNTIME, I can't see my QAT.

1. How can I make this QAT visible?
     2. If it is not possible, how can I hide the QAT that is visible in runtime (only 3 icons that are not activated). This QAT is useless!
     3. If it is not possible to make the QAT visible via runtime, how can I get those tools available in runtime? I do not want to use the Ribbon, because it takes too much place on the screen.
     Thanks in advance - Jack from Belgium
    Monday, November 9, 2020 9:09 AM

All replies

• I do not want to use the Ribbon, because it takes too much place on the screen.

Hi Jack,

I never use the Ribbon, or - because of A2003 - the Toolbar.

Instead I use command buttons on the place where they are needed. These buttons can be placed on the form itself, or on a form that is opened by some other action, e.g. a right mouse click on some control.

Imb.

Monday, November 9, 2020 10:00 AM
  • * in our runtime environments; the file released is an .accde    

* in an opening event the auto close of the ribbon is accomplished by:

DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Ribbon", acToolbarNo

* you don't state what 'tools' need to available within the User Interface - and so the detail on that will depend on what task is needed,  - - if it is print or delete or sort....these can all be accomplished via a button event's code.

Tuesday, November 10, 2020 1:30 PM
  • You cannot manage what the QAT contains using Runtime or when simulating Runtime with an ACCDR file.

As suggested in the previous post, remove the ribbon completely using 

DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Ribbon", acToolbarNo

Doing that will remove the QAT as well

Tuesday, November 10, 2020 9:25 PM