none
VBA SpreadSheet Control doesn´t work on Excel 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have an inherited vba macro from Excel 2007 that uses the OWC.dll activeX to include a SpreadSheet object within a userform, it works fine on Excel 2010 but when we updated to Excel 2013 it wouldn't show the object on any form and I'm unable to add it to the userform. Is there a way to insert it? is there any other control to replace this SpreadSheet?
    Monday, January 5, 2015 9:34 PM

Answers

• Hi Acertjo4ever,

Thanks for posting in MSDN forum.

As far as I know, this is a compatibility issues in Office 2013, here is the statement for your reference:

All Office 2013

Link                    

Office Web Components

The file uses an Office Web Components (MSOWC.dll) control. The control will not work because the Office Web Components are not installed on this computer and are not included with Office 2013. To use this control, install the Office Web Components separately.

You can get more detail from link below:
    Compatibility issues in Office 2013

And here are some helpful KB about OWC for your reference:
    HOW TO: Find Office Web Components (OWC) Programming Documentation and Samples

Microsoft Office Web Components resources

Description of the versions and support for Office Web Components (OWC)

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, January 6, 2015 9:40 AM
  • Hi Acertijo4ever,

>>I read the links you posted and understood it's not possible to use this SpreadSheet component anymore<<

Based on my understanding we can use the OWC in Office 2013 however we need to install it by outself. Please try to install the OWC from link below to see wether it works:
    Office 2003 Add-in: Office Web Components

>>so now I have to find another ActiveX Component (free or not) to replace all the SpreadSheets objects in my application, do you know any? or how do you recommend I replace its functionality.<<

I have no idea about the alternaive option for this control, if you want to use a third part control to replace the OWC, I suggest that search it on ther Internet.

Hope it is helpful.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, January 7, 2015 7:24 AM

All replies

• Hi Acertjo4ever,

Thanks for posting in MSDN forum.

As far as I know, this is a compatibility issues in Office 2013, here is the statement for your reference:

All Office 2013

Link                    

Office Web Components

The file uses an Office Web Components (MSOWC.dll) control. The control will not work because the Office Web Components are not installed on this computer and are not included with Office 2013. To use this control, install the Office Web Components separately.

You can get more detail from link below:
    Compatibility issues in Office 2013

And here are some helpful KB about OWC for your reference:
    HOW TO: Find Office Web Components (OWC) Programming Documentation and Samples

Microsoft Office Web Components resources

Description of the versions and support for Office Web Components (OWC)

Regards & Fei

Tuesday, January 6, 2015 9:40 AM
  • Hi Fei, thanks for your answer, I read the links you posted and understood it's not possible to use this SpreadSheet component anymore, so now I have to find another ActiveX Component (free or not) to replace all the SpreadSheets objects in my application, do you know any? or how do you recommend I replace its functionality.
    Tuesday, January 6, 2015 1:55 PM
  • Hi Acertijo4ever,

>>I read the links you posted and understood it's not possible to use this SpreadSheet component anymore<<

Based on my understanding we can use the OWC in Office 2013 however we need to install it by outself. Please try to install the OWC from link below to see wether it works:
    Office 2003 Add-in: Office Web Components

>>so now I have to find another ActiveX Component (free or not) to replace all the SpreadSheets objects in my application, do you know any? or how do you recommend I replace its functionality.<<

I have no idea about the alternaive option for this control, if you want to use a third part control to replace the OWC, I suggest that search it on ther Internet.

Hope it is helpful.

Regards & Fei

Wednesday, January 7, 2015 7:24 AM