none
MS-FSSHTTPB RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am looking for some implementation example about MS-FSSHTTPB Protocol.  Actually my corporate users are using SkyDrive pro client to sync files automatically  but I would like to modify content of file ( docx, xlsx, pptx etc) while its uploading after its modified and before its get uploaded into server.  I am building a tool/application to add some additional content some proprietary information in each document  when its just before getting uploaded into server by any user through some proxying. So I am trying analysing MS-FSSHTTPB protocol and I also go thru http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd965780(v=office.12).aspx and completely understood but the challenge I am facing is, once I modify the content it was throwing BAD request error.  I guess it was because of not following the proper data element headers in PUT CHANGE REQUEST for "Request Message" and Response Message" as given in the specifications "After I modified that file".

So I need to write and build MS-FSSHTTPB protocol headers fresh for PUT CHANGE REQUEST by properly forming headers with appropriate lengths etc... but I am not sure how to fill/build complete PUT CHANGE REQUEST.  Do we have any example for this pls share otherwise also any light on this would be a great help.

Friday, September 13, 2013 12:09 PM

Answers

• Hi Cnivass,

Because there is no respond to this issue since my last posting, I assume your problem is solved, you no longer require my assistance and I’ll mark this thread as answered.

Thanks, Vilmos

Thursday, October 10, 2013 5:28 PM

All replies

• Hi cnivass,

Thanks for your question.

Someone from our team will get in touch with you shortly.

Regards,

SEBASTIAN CANEVARI - MSFT Escalation Engineer Protocol Documentation Team

Friday, September 13, 2013 4:43 PM
  • Hi cnivass,

Thank you for your question. I am the engineer who will be working with you on this issue. I am currently researching the problem and will provide you with an update soon.

Regards,
    Vilmos Foltenyi - MSFT

Monday, September 16, 2013 7:52 PM
  • Glad to know that you are working on this and Thank you very much for the same. I would like to give little more additional details. 

We may have Microsoft and non-Microsoft documents so i would like to know how the MS-FSSHTTPB works in these scenarios? i have a main scenario of collabarting ( i.e. online editing of same document ) thru skydrive client pro, how this protocol sends headers information. how this works if its .docx/.pptx/.xlsx etc Vs non microsoft or other open office standard documents if any differences but when i found the difference in the rawdata( binarydata) using fiddler. 

regards

cnivass.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 4:56 AM
  • Hi Cnivass,

Thank you for your patience. Currently we don't have examples of this to accompany the documentation. You wrote that you are getting bad request error. Please make a capture of the session and I’ll check it whether it is correct from the protocol point of view. Be sure that the capture doesn’t contain any confidential information; the capture will probably be small enough so you can send it as attachment to ‘dochelp (at) microsoft (dot) com’ and  in the e-mail indicate that it is for me.

Thanks, Vilmos
    Wednesday, October 2, 2013 7:31 PM
  • Hi Cnivass,

Because there is no respond to this issue since my last posting, I assume your problem is solved, you no longer require my assistance and I’ll mark this thread as answered.

Thanks, Vilmos

Thursday, October 10, 2013 5:28 PM