Merge several task lists into a single list RRS feed

• Question

• I cant find any good information on how to do this. My situation is this.

I have several task lists that are spread out across different pages in my sharepoint 2007 portal. The layout and columns of all these lists are the same and they each have people asigned to the tasks.

What i would like to do is create a single list that combines ALL these tasks lists that can be sorted like a regular list, and then display this merged list on a page.

I tried creating a new task list and then created a linked data source that combined list 1 and list 2 into a merge. However i cant seem to get this information to be displayed in my new task list. Maybe Im doing this wrong.

Do i have to create a new webpart and solve this programmaticly, or can it be done via sharepoint designer 2007? If so, how?

Thanks in adance for any insight you can offer.
    Wednesday, February 25, 2009 11:19 AM

Answers

• Have you tried the Data View Web Part (or even the Data Form Web Part) within SharePoint Designer?  In my experience with the Content Query Web Part you can only select a single source (at least when configuring it through the SharePoint UI), but if you add the DVW or DFWP in SPD you should be able to use your linked source that merges lists 1 and 2.
    Saturday, February 28, 2009 3:38 AM

All replies

• Hi!

Cant't you use Content Query Web Part for this?

If not, you could always try List Rollup Web Part from Bamboo, it should solve your problem: https://store.bamboosolutions.com/ps-32-5-list-rollup-web-part-release-34.aspx

Good Luck!
    Jenny
    jennyfi
    Wednesday, February 25, 2009 1:04 PM
  • Have you tried the Data View Web Part (or even the Data Form Web Part) within SharePoint Designer?  In my experience with the Content Query Web Part you can only select a single source (at least when configuring it through the SharePoint UI), but if you add the DVW or DFWP in SPD you should be able to use your linked source that merges lists 1 and 2.
    Saturday, February 28, 2009 3:38 AM