none
Timephased data in Project Server 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• I need to get the values of the project actual cost, spi, cpi, etc during the various status dates. I want to be able to get the actual cost of my project on the status date 10/10/2010 and 18/10/2010 so that I can use this on a report for example.

Where should I get this data. Allready been in these databases and nothing.

Draft: MSP_PROJECTS, MSP_PROJECTS_PUBLISHED_VIEW, MSP_PROJECTS_VERSIONS_VIEW

Published: MSP_PROJECTS_WORKING_VIEW, MSP_PROJECTS, MSP_PROJECTS_VERSIONS_VIEW, MSP_GLOBAL_PROJECTS_VERSIONS_VIEW

Reporting: MSP_EpmProject_UserView, MSP_EpmProject, MSP_EpmProject_OlapView_00007829-4392-48B3-B533-5A5A4797E3C9

Any thoughts, clues....?

Monday, October 25, 2010 5:13 PM

Answers

• Hi JoaoCostaPorto,

Project Server does not store a history of status date changes. You can however use custom fields to indicate the required status reporting detail for each project.

As for your report, you will have to calculate the totals yourself, but it is not to difficult:

• The Project Status Date is available in the table MSP_EpmProject
    • All work and cost values are available by day in the MSP_EpmAssignmentByDay table.

You can easily join these two tables to sum all cost or work values from the MSP_EpmAssignmentsByDay table up to the status date and calculate whatever KPI you need based on these numbers.

As a general remark: try not to use the Draft and Published database in your queries as this is not supported.

I hope this helps,
    Hans

My EPM blog: Projectopolis
    • Marked as answer by Joao P. Costa Tuesday, October 26, 2010 11:20 AM
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 10:15 AM

All replies

• Try MSP_VIEW_PROJ_TASK_TP_BY_DAY. This gives daily totals which you can sum for whatever date range you like. Search your Project Professional program folder for the file PJSVRDB.HTM. It has details of all Project Server 2003 tables.

Rod Gill

The one and only Project VBA Book Rod Gill Project Management
    Monday, October 25, 2010 7:59 PM
  • Rod,

I was refering to Project Server 2010.

I found the table that you've mentioned in the PS2010 DB and it's called MSP_EpmTaskByDay_UserView.

The problem is that i don't wish to get any random date. It seems that PS2010 does not store the status dates updated by the users.

The objective here is not getting a random date but only the status date that was altered by a status change. The organizations update some of their projects weekly and others on a montly base. I just want to get the data from those specific dates where there was as status date change. If the project is updated monthly there is no point in generating a report to analyse cost that presents data on a weekly base if there wasn't any weekly status change.

Thanks

Tuesday, October 26, 2010 9:35 AM
  • Hi JoaoCostaPorto,

Project Server does not store a history of status date changes. You can however use custom fields to indicate the required status reporting detail for each project.

As for your report, you will have to calculate the totals yourself, but it is not to difficult:

• The Project Status Date is available in the table MSP_EpmProject
    • All work and cost values are available by day in the MSP_EpmAssignmentByDay table.

You can easily join these two tables to sum all cost or work values from the MSP_EpmAssignmentsByDay table up to the status date and calculate whatever KPI you need based on these numbers.

As a general remark: try not to use the Draft and Published database in your queries as this is not supported.

I hope this helps,
    Hans

My EPM blog: Projectopolis
    • Marked as answer by Joao P. Costa Tuesday, October 26, 2010 11:20 AM
    Tuesday, October 26, 2010 10:15 AM
  • Hi Hans,

Also realised that PS does't store the history of the status dates. I think that this should be reviewed because it's very simple to implement this change in the database and this info is very important for EV reports.

Thanks

Tuesday, October 26, 2010 11:19 AM
  • Hi Hans,

I need the BCWP and status date History values for EVM reporting.

The timephase values are seen in MS Project but not present in the database tables.

Could you please let me know how does MS Project store and retrieve these BCWP values for each day in MS Project desktop without storing them in Database tables?

Regards,

Agasthya

Thursday, October 5, 2017 6:41 AM