none
Source legacy XP Embedded licenses RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I work for a small hardware manufacturer and we have a legacy system based on a custom Windows XPE image. We have a bespoke customer request that requires us to produce a set number of these machines. We will therefore need Win XPE licenses for these machines, and I am trying to see if it is even possible to do this considering its EOL now.  I have contacted to various MS distributors, and haven't found any information on this yet. I spoke to the Microsoft partner support team and was asked to post a question here. 

I would greatly appreciate any advise at this point. 

Cheers,

Tushar Thaker

Codamotion, UK.

Monday, August 14, 2017 10:21 AM

Answers

• From what I am hearing is that some customers are getting extension on the license EOL date so they can still purchase XPe licenses through a distributor. It might be a case by case basis determined by Microsoft in the end. Since you are in the UK, I suggest that you contact Avnet Silica (https://www.avnet.com/wps/portal/silica/) to get more information.  Ask for Martin Grossen. Martin sometimes posts to these forums.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

• Marked as answer by TusharTCoda Tuesday, August 15, 2017 8:52 AM
    Monday, August 14, 2017 3:34 PM

All replies

• From what I am hearing is that some customers are getting extension on the license EOL date so they can still purchase XPe licenses through a distributor. It might be a case by case basis determined by Microsoft in the end. Since you are in the UK, I suggest that you contact Avnet Silica (https://www.avnet.com/wps/portal/silica/) to get more information.  Ask for Martin Grossen. Martin sometimes posts to these forums.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

• Marked as answer by TusharTCoda Tuesday, August 15, 2017 8:52 AM
    Monday, August 14, 2017 3:34 PM
  • From what I am hearing is that some customers are getting extension on the license EOL date so they can still purchase XPe licenses through a distributor. It might be a case by case basis determined by Microsoft in the end. Since you are in the UK, I suggest that you contact Avnet Silica (link) to get more information.  Ask for Martin Grossen. Martin sometimes posts to these forums.

Great! Thanks for the advise Sean. I'll contact Avnet Silica on this. 
    • Marked as answer by TusharTCoda Tuesday, August 15, 2017 8:51 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by TusharTCoda Tuesday, August 15, 2017 8:52 AM
    Tuesday, August 15, 2017 8:51 AM