Bluetooth App to device in VB RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I need to develope an application like in this example: http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/wpapps/Bluetooth-app-to-device-644870ba 

The problem is I need it in VB(it's a must). I saw that in this example it's imported a dll library named sdkBluetoothA2DWP8CS.Resources; (C# code), I am not sure it's possible to convert this example in VB? ( This is my problem)

The hole ideea:
    I have a htc 8x(windows Phone 8) and I need to develope an app that will connect to a bluetooth device:
    https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10393 (a shield for Arduino)
    and then sent some string over bluetooth ( "xxxx").  

Steps in my app :
    1.When i click a button "Connect to Robot" -> Detect if  Bluetooth radio is on or off, find my device (bluetooth shield), attempt to connect to device.

2. If the conn has been made then sent a string to the shield (when i press a button or something)

The shield has pin code default "1234" and 9600bps.

Monday, February 18, 2013 8:20 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Managed code libraries (DLLs) in general can be accessed using C# or VB. That is because they are compiled into IL (intermediate language) that are language agnostic.

It seems that most of the developers in this forum (including myself) use C# primarily, instead of VB.

There are tools (here is a search) that can convert C# to VB; they may not work flawlessly but they will get you most of the way.

Does this help?
    Mark

Mark Chamberlain Sr. Escalation Engineer | Microsoft Developer Support | Windows Phone 8

• Marked as answer by Dobre Ionut Thursday, February 28, 2013 7:15 AM
    Thursday, February 21, 2013 4:18 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Managed code libraries (DLLs) in general can be accessed using C# or VB. That is because they are compiled into IL (intermediate language) that are language agnostic.

It seems that most of the developers in this forum (including myself) use C# primarily, instead of VB.

There are tools (here is a search) that can convert C# to VB; they may not work flawlessly but they will get you most of the way.

Does this help?
    Mark

Mark Chamberlain Sr. Escalation Engineer | Microsoft Developer Support | Windows Phone 8

• Marked as answer by Dobre Ionut Thursday, February 28, 2013 7:15 AM
    Thursday, February 21, 2013 4:18 PM
  • I managed to create an application from scratch that communicate via Bluetooth without additional DLLs, I have not got to test it, but theoretically it works. The problem was not converting code from C # to VB, but use that DLL (the libraries required for Bluetooth communication).
    Thursday, February 28, 2013 7:15 AM