Powerpivot can't find source data tables in Edit Table Properties window RRS feed

• Question

• I three Powerpivot tables linked to three Access tables. I recently added a couple of colums to the tables in Access, and when refreshing the data I get an error. The error message indicates that I can fix the problem by updating the column mappings. However, when I open the Table Properties window, I get an error message that says "Table "(Table Name)" was not found in the data source".

Any help I can get troubleshooting this error would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

A. Mercado

Monday, July 22, 2013 3:19 PM

Answers

• Update: For the model I have, I am using Access tables linked to an Excel sheet. I tried to access the Table Properties window substituting the Excel-Linked table for a normal Access table, and it worked. Is there any way to get around this?
    • Marked as answer by Elvis Long Tuesday, July 30, 2013 1:56 AM
    Monday, July 22, 2013 6:02 PM

All replies

• Did someone changed the name of the table from your source? or deleted it? You might want to double check that first.

Paras Doshi (Blog: ParasDoshi.com | Twitter: @Paras_Doshi )

Monday, July 22, 2013 3:37 PM
    Answerer
  • The table names are all the same. I changed the names, to see what happens, and I got a different error message:

Cannot load preview for table "(Table Name)". Details: 
    Failed to retrieve data from(Table Name). Reason: The Microsoft Access database engine cannot find the input table or query '(Table Name)'. Make sure it exists and that its name is spelled correctly.

When I change back the name to its original form I get:

Table "(Table Name)" was not found in the data source.

Monday, July 22, 2013 4:03 PM
  • Update: For the model I have, I am using Access tables linked to an Excel sheet. I tried to access the Table Properties window substituting the Excel-Linked table for a normal Access table, and it worked. Is there any way to get around this?
    • Marked as answer by Elvis Long Tuesday, July 30, 2013 1:56 AM
    Monday, July 22, 2013 6:02 PM