Web API to Query Oracle DB passing the parameters RRS feed

• Question

• User-362386836 posted

We are currently having a view in the Oracle DB which has almost 16 columns in it. We need to create a Web API that accepts the input parameters and queries the view in the Oracle DB and returns the response in the JSON format. I am new to ASP.NET and the web services. Below is the code for the service

namespace WebApplication4.Controllers
    {
    public class TGSDataController : ApiController
    {
        public HttpResponseMessage Getdetails([FromUri] string jrs_no)
        {

List<OracleParameter> prms = new List<OracleParameter>();
            List<string> selectionStrings = new List<string>();
            string connStr = ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["TGSDataConnection"].ConnectionString;
            using (OracleConnection dbconn = new OracleConnection(connStr))
            {
                DataSet userDataset = new DataSet();
                var strQuery = "SELECT * from LIMS_SAMPLE_RESULTS_VW where JRS_NO =" + jrs_no;

var returnObject = new { data = new OracleDataTableJsonResponses(connStr, strQuery, prms.ToArray()) };
                var response = Request.CreateResponse(HttpStatusCode.OK, returnObject, MediaTypeHeaderValue.Parse("application/json"));
                ContentDispositionHeaderValue contentDisposition = null;
                if (ContentDispositionHeaderValue.TryParse("inline; filename=TGSData.json", out contentDisposition))
                {
                    response.Content.Headers.ContentDisposition = contentDisposition;
                }
                return response;
            }
        }
    }
    }

I am trying to debug and in the URL I gave like http://localhost:6897/api/TGSData?jrs_no=379 but it throws error like enter image description here

I am not sure why I am getting the error. I have changed anything or not renamed.Can anyone please help me with this

Wednesday, November 16, 2016 4:48 AM

Answers

• User-6180675 posted

vdha

public HttpResponseMessage Getdetails([FromUri] string jrs_no)

You should remove [FromUri] attribute from the argument as you are only passing a querystring as the argument and not a complex type object. [FromUri] attribute is used only when you are sending multiple querystring values or an object of a class as a complex type to the api method.

Also check the default path for calling the api in webapiconfig.cs file.

Check the below link for more reference

http://www.strathweb.com/2013/04/asp-net-web-api-parameter-binding-part-1-understanding-binding-from-uri/

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, November 16, 2016 10:16 AM