none
BTS2009 Using the AS2 Encoder in a Send Pipeline RRS feed

• Question

• I'm sending XML documents over AS2 by using an XML Assembler component and an AS2 Encoder component in a custom send pipeline. This works just fine in BTS2006 R2 but I'm having troubles in BTS2009. Has this behavior changed in BTS2009?

Jeff Lynch

Jeff Lynch [MVP]
    Thursday, April 8, 2010 6:02 PM

All replies

• I don't think much have changed instead of the enhancements mentioned at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa561109(BTS.10).aspx. Can you paste the exact error received. Also try it with the AS2Send Pipeline.

Atin Agarwal

Friday, April 9, 2010 1:59 AM
  • You cannot use both XmlSend and AS2Send in the same pipeline. That is one reason the AS2 encoder component is so important.

On 2006 R2 did you have SP1 installed? I know there are quite a few differences between 2006 R2 SP1 and 2009. Some the AS2 functionality was modified in the AS2 hotfixes. I think some of the 2006 R2 SP1 hotfixes were rolled into 2009 but I am not sure exactly which ones.

For a better idea, I would try to compare the version numbers for the DLLs such as for the AS2 pipeline components.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Friday, April 9, 2010 3:50 AM
  • Ben,

My custom pipeline contains the "Xml Assembler" component and the "AS2 Encoder" component, so I'm not sure what you mean by "you cannot use both XmlSend and AS2Send in the same pipeline". The Xml Assembler component is adding the XML declaration to a PIDX xml document and passing it to the AS2 Encoder component. This scenario was created by me and included in the BTS2006 R2 docs "Walkthrough-Sending a Non-EDI Message over AS2" during the TAP. All I need to know is if this behaviour has changed in BTS2009.

Jeff Lynch
    Former MVP
    Former BizTalk Guru
    Current Old Fart

Jeff Lynch [MVP]
    Monday, April 12, 2010 8:17 PM
  • I do not think the intended behavior has changed - it should still work, although I think there have been some hotfixes that touch the same underlying code - check the versions on the DLLs to know for sure. The hotfix changes could have resulted in unintended impacts. Do you have a particular issue you are having difficulty with?

Sorry it was confusing. I meant that there is not another way to send Xml over AS2 other than using the AS2 encoder or taking a completely different custom route. Basically the idea that you can only have one assembler component for the assemble stage of the send pipeline.

Best,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Monday, April 12, 2010 8:33 PM
  • Hi Jeff,

There are no major changes on AS2 Encoder between R2 and 2009. Would you please provide more details of the error you met?

Thanks.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, April 26, 2010 9:36 AM
  • Hi Jeff,

Let us know the expected behaviour that you have in mind and then give the error that is preventing you from getting the expected behaviour if you are OK with the Current Behaviour please mention that as well and make it answered. Let us know if you need any thing on this subject.

Always Happy to be of your assistance,

Chibi

Wednesday, May 26, 2010 2:27 AM
  • Hi Jeff,

Are you running application under 64 bit now. The below url which mentioned few known issues for AS2 with BTS 2009 says that AS2 processing will work with 32 bit only. Please have a look and see if you find any helpful info.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb226414(BTS.10).aspx

Regards,

Vishnu
    Thursday, May 27, 2010 3:17 PM