InfoPath 2007 - Export to PDF Problem - PDF file truncation RRS feed

• Question

• I'm experiencing a strange problem with InfoPath 2007. I have a form that was created using InfoPath Designer 2010 as a 2007 form. When I export it to PDF in preview mode via IP 2010, all is well. When I try to export the same form using IP 2007, the resultant PDF is truncated.

I should point out that the IP form contains a ridiculous number of fields so it's quite large.

This sound familiar to anyone?

-Tom

• Edited by tdratler Thursday, September 15, 2011 7:40 PM
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 7:17 PM

All replies

• Hi Tom,

Did you mean that the IP 2010 export the IP 2007 format form to PDF is fine, but the same IP 2007 form export to PDF by IP 2007, some controls edges are cut off ?

You can adjust the display height/width and Margins for the controls in InfoPath 2007, and check the result.

Or did you mean the form fields are cut off by page break?

Set the fixed height for dynamic sections like this article,

http://gemoll.net/wordpress/?p=37

Thanks

Regards, Daniel
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 8:18 AM
  • Daniel,

The form in question simply stops after a point. It's as if the export process suddenly decided that it's just not going to process the rest of the document. The part of the form that is exported to PDF looks fine. I don't think the problem has anything to do with the dynamic sections because there are lots of dynamic sections in the form that are being exported to PDF ok. Also, this process used to work. The form is quite large so perhaps something I added at some point is breaking the PDF export process.

Regards,

Tom

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 12:34 PM