none
Windows 7 in MS Action Pack RRS feed

• Question

• I had let my Action Pack subscription expire and would like to renew. However, the list of included software does not seem to include an Windows 7 licenses. Is this correct? If not, how many Windows 7 licenses are included with the each of the Action Pack subscriptions?

Thank you.

Gerry Roston

Friday, November 23, 2012 4:25 PM

Answers

• Hi,

in July this year, MS changed the entitlements for a lot of the agreements, such that a heap of products are no longer available.
    Also, since Win8 is now "current" and Win7 is now "n-1", access to Win7 would be subject to the downgrade clause of any entitlement/agreement.

I'm not sure what your MAPS entitled/entitles you to do, but, the above could well explain why. Often, only current products are listed, since not all agreements offer downgrade/older versions.

There are various MSDN subscription levels, and, even those vary depending on the channel they have been purchased/subscribed through (eg my VS Ultimate with MSDN is via Volume Licensing channel, so I get all the VL products. A Retail channel VS Ult doesn't get everything that I get)

You may need to check with Partner channel support to get the best answer for MAPS.
    MAPS support: https://partner.microsoft.com/global/supportsecurity/40016492

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

• Edited by DonPick Saturday, November 24, 2012 4:06 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Mike KinsmanModerator Monday, November 26, 2012 3:44 PM
    • Marked as answer by GRoston Monday, November 26, 2012 4:00 PM
    Friday, November 23, 2012 11:00 PM

All replies

• Dear GRoston,

This section is for MSDN Subscription Feedback and related queries. For more info about your question please check the below link

https://mspartner.microsoft.com/en/in/Pages/Membership/action-pack-solution-provider-software-contents.aspx

Regards,
    prathaprabhu

Friday, November 23, 2012 4:44 PM
  • With respect - the reason I posted my question is because of the information provided on the page you referenced (or one like it - the link is not working for me). I seem to recall the the Acton Pack used to include older version of the OS so developers could test against those, however, the page I found only listed Win 8 licenses and not Win 7 (or XP for that matter).

Gerald P Roston

Friday, November 23, 2012 10:34 PM
  • Hi,

in July this year, MS changed the entitlements for a lot of the agreements, such that a heap of products are no longer available.
    Also, since Win8 is now "current" and Win7 is now "n-1", access to Win7 would be subject to the downgrade clause of any entitlement/agreement.

I'm not sure what your MAPS entitled/entitles you to do, but, the above could well explain why. Often, only current products are listed, since not all agreements offer downgrade/older versions.

There are various MSDN subscription levels, and, even those vary depending on the channel they have been purchased/subscribed through (eg my VS Ultimate with MSDN is via Volume Licensing channel, so I get all the VL products. A Retail channel VS Ult doesn't get everything that I get)

You may need to check with Partner channel support to get the best answer for MAPS.
    MAPS support: https://partner.microsoft.com/global/supportsecurity/40016492

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

• Edited by DonPick Saturday, November 24, 2012 4:06 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Mike KinsmanModerator Monday, November 26, 2012 3:44 PM
    • Marked as answer by GRoston Monday, November 26, 2012 4:00 PM
    Friday, November 23, 2012 11:00 PM
  • THANK YOU!

The reason for me having Action Pack is to develop MS software.  My clients (shockingly!) did not all rush out and upgrade their win 7 (and yes..xp) machines.  XP is finally dying a overdue death, after a long and distinguished service.  However, 7 is very much in the main channel still.  I would rather not have to purchase copies of 7 just to test software against - not the end of the world, but as a MS "partner" you would hope for more.

Joe Ruder

Onsite Computers, Inc.

Monday, February 3, 2014 12:29 PM
  • I too need a Windows 7 Action Pack Licence and ask why we should be forced to "upgrade" to what is an undoubtedly inferior OS.  I stopped using brightly coloured alphabet blocks and tiles when i was about 3 years old!

There are some useful features in Win8 but when I want to get some real work done using the minimum number of mouse clicks Win7 beats it hands down.  A certain amount of clairvoyance is also needed with Win8 which makes the re-learning process frustrating.  It is fine for touch screen applications but needs an optional interface more suited to keyboard use.

Computers are suposed to make life easier.

Regards Tegglet

Saturday, July 5, 2014 9:54 AM