Not a question but...why is my Graphics card showing it can be removed?

Answers

•  

I have had it on previous beta's of Vista and Windows 7 but it was nothing that drivers could not fix, but you might be waiting some time before drivers are available for that card as this is not even a full version of Windows 8

Tehcnical Beta Tester || Matthew John Earley BSc (hons) || www.o0MattE0o.myby.co.uk
    Turns out that "Show Hidden Devices" was enabled in device manager :D
    I love testing out very buggy systems. Favorite OS: Windows Whistler. Consoles: Xbox 360, Wii, PSP, Gamecube, PC
    Monday, September 19, 2011 2:37 PM

All replies

• Becuase your using Google Chrome :D...

It could be that its a Mobile Card that can be swaped out of the Laptop like some of the Dell Alianware PC can, but windows 8 is locking it (Drivers might hide this from windows Vista/Seven)?
    Tehcnical Beta Tester || Matthew John Earley BSc (hons) || www.o0MattE0o.myby.co.uk
    Monday, September 19, 2011 1:10 PM

It could be that its a Mobile Card that can be swaped out of the Laptop like some of the Dell Alianware PC can, but windows 8 is locking it (Drivers might hide this from windows Vista/Seven)?
    Last time i updated my card (before i had to do a fresh install) it never showed up. When i updated a few days ago it said update failed but still worked. That could be it?
    I love testing out very buggy systems. Favorite OS: Windows Whistler. Consoles: Xbox 360, Wii, PSP, Gamecube, PC
    Monday, September 19, 2011 1:12 PM
  • I have had it on previous beta's of Vista and Windows 7 but it was nothing that drivers could not fix, but you might be waiting some time before drivers are available for that card as this is not even a full version of Windows 8

Monday, September 19, 2011 2:15 PM

OFFTOPIC: Lol @ your Chrome comment :P
    0x2B |~ 0x2B Blog : www.it-ca.net/blogdylan
    Monday, September 19, 2011 2:20 PM
  •  

I have had it on previous beta's of Vista and Windows 7 but it was nothing that drivers could not fix, but you might be waiting some time before drivers are available for that card as this is not even a full version of Windows 8

Turns out that "Show Hidden Devices" was enabled in device manager :D
    Monday, September 19, 2011 2:37 PM
  • Thanks for the info still think its to do with that its a mobile graphics card as my PC dose not do that when hidden devices are shown...

but its good for others that might have this issue...
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 8:42 AM