documentsLibrary capability for HoloLens App - submission error RRS feed

• Question

• I am attempting to submit a HoloLens app that downloads files from a local instance of NextCloud onto the documents directory of the device. The app submission is failing with an error that I need "Extended Validation Status" to submit an app with the documentsLibrary capability.

Any advice on how I can obtain extended validation status for my app ? I don't see any other way of getting a file over to the HoloLens. This is a useful app that can bring 3D objects, spatial maps and shared world anchors into the device from LAN attached external storage (fast) instead of cloud based storage like OneDrive (slow).

Thanks.

Friday, July 14, 2017 6:15 PM

All replies

• Hi Larry,

>The app submission is failing with an error that I need "Extended Validation Status" to submit an app with the documentsLibrarycapability.

This capability requires you to have a company type developer account for Store submission. And according to Account types, locations, and fees:

"Note: In addition, you must contact support and get approval before you can submit apps that declare the documentsLibrary capability."

So you could make an request for this capability at the support page:

The reviewing process may take 5 business days or longer. After that, you will be able to submit your app to the Store.

If it's helpful, could you please mark it as answer so that other community can find it more conveniently?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Mattew Wu Tuesday, July 18, 2017 3:01 AM
    Monday, July 17, 2017 5:48 AM