none
How to automate steps to apply few formatting settings in MS Word documents RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have a pdf file which is converted to MS word document page by page as a separate document. 

Pages are so many and i need to apply some formatting settings to each document one by one which is so hectic.

I want that as soon as i open the converted ms word pages one by one, then few formatting settings like font, size, page layout etc should be applied by ms word

Is there way i can save some time and use a ms word feature to automate these steps? A macro or something else

Pls help as i need some help very urgently

Good day ,Bhavtosh

Friday, November 9, 2012 3:12 PM

All replies

• HI Bhavtosh

In order to offer any suggestions we have to better understand HOW the PDF file is being converted to a Word document. Can you provide any details about this process?

Also, which Word file version is this? *.doc? *.docx? Something else?

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

Saturday, November 10, 2012 8:22 AM
  • Hi,

I am also facing the same problem, I have converted the pdf file using Nitro PDF & the word document is  version 2007.

Sunday, December 9, 2012 6:13 PM
  • So what is "the same problem" that you want help with? The OP seemed to have converted a PDF to multiple separate files and to have some undefined issue with formatting. Details were asked for but were never provided. No-one can provide help without details of the problem.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Sunday, December 9, 2012 8:32 PM
  • A lot of what you're asking for requires no automation, per se. Much of it simply requires an appropriately-configured template. This includes your items 1-6, 8-11 & 20. Other aspects (eg items 17-19) are dependent on your Word settings, and are not document-dependent. Items 7 & 12-16 can be handled via a macro based around Word's Find/Replace tools.

Be aware also that 'automation' cannot be relied on to determine what text should have a given Style. That is something a user needs to decide.

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Monday, December 10, 2012 9:28 AM