Solution Build or AppPackage is not supporting (Binding) DB RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,  

I have Developed on metro app using C# xaml in windows 8.1 using SQLite as Database and facing couple of issue while creating build for my App .

• while doing development i was using local folder for keeping Database File . Now i need to create the Build for that and its creating build but the created app or Package is not having database or it may not supporting that . 
    • the Second issue is that i am not able to create Package for ARM . it showing Layout aware page , and resource file not accessing error . i am changing the the platform x86 to ARM in my Properties Windows . the same solution giving Package in x86 but not for ARM . 

Note ->

App is running properly but because of DB it is crashing if i am going to the Form where i need the DB records .

can anybody tell how i can make create package which will have DB connectivity . Thanks in Advance . 

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 6:59 AM

Answers

• See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/dn263243.aspx for information about using SQLite. Also check out the further information in the "Next Steps" at the bottom of the page.

It's not clear to me exactly what you are trying to do when you run into trouble. You may be trying to use a database that either isn't included in the app or that is included in the app but left in the (non-writeable) install directory.

You can include a pre-loaded database in your project by marking the file as content to be copied to the output directory. This is in the file's properties in the solution explorer. The install location isn't writeable, so you will need to copy the database to the application data directory before writing to it.

The SQLite library is a native binary, so you will need to include an ARM build of the library to target ARM. You cannot use AnyCPU or the x86 version of the library in an ARM project.

--Rob

Thursday, December 19, 2013 1:14 AM