Reading from Blob Storage RRS feed

• Question

• I'm pulling my hair out on what should be fairly simple. I created an ASA job with an input reading from Blob storage and sending it to Azure SQL DB. Fairly straight forward; created the input, configuring the container name and path patterns simply containing a file name to test. Nothing too complicated. The output simply writes the data to a table in the SQL DB. The query selects from output into input. I then start the job and when it is running, upload the file to the container. 

However, when i run it, nothing happens. No errors, no alerts, nothing. I have messed with this for hours, and NOTHING. I am at my wits end. I have checked, double checked, triple checked, everything to make sure i didn't misspell or fat finger anything. 

I am open to any suggestions as to why this is not working. 

Thursday, January 4, 2018 1:59 AM

All replies

• Please ensure that you when you start the job, you start it from a timestamp before your blob's last modified time. Otherwise, the blob will not be picked up.

Thursday, January 4, 2018 7:17 PM
  • Hi DushynatB,

Do you mean when I start the job, I must chose Custom and select the date time which is before the last modified of any blob file? Note that, my Blob storage has many blob files.

Thank you very much.

Thuan Soldier

Personal Blog | Twitter | Microsoft Azure Defense In Depth Guide

Wednesday, January 31, 2018 10:12 AM
  • Correct.
    Thursday, February 1, 2018 2:41 AM
  • Thank you for prompt response. I'm unsure why the data is missed even the number of output events keep increasing. The job was started yesterday, meaning all new blob files are supposed to be read and pushed to Power BI. Unfortunately, new data is not updated to Power BI dataset.

Is there a suggestion to let Stream Analytics to read every blob file (including new one) and push them to Power BI?

Thank you very much!

Thuan Soldier

Personal Blog | Twitter | Microsoft Azure Defense In Depth Guide

Thursday, February 1, 2018 3:19 AM