none
ESB ToolKit configuration failed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

I had installed ESB Toolkit 2.3 on new DIT  Env. Am getting error while configuring ESB Toolkit 2.3

The prequesties I had used BizTalk server 2013 R2,sql server 2012,visual studio.

Please see the attached screenshot the error am getting while configuring ESB Toolkit2.3

please help anyone.

Error:Exception calling "create" with "0" argument(s): "Create failed for Database 'EsbExceptionDb'."

Thanks & Regards

Rajiv

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 11:34 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Few good articles on the same issue. Though for the older version but the issue is similar. Try referring them to resolve your issue.

http://talentedmonkeys.wordpress.com/2013/05/20/configuring-the-esb-toolkit-2-2-for-biztalk-2013-exception-creating-the-exceptiondb/

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/453730dd-7aa7-498f-94b6-8ec453040fe7/esb-21-installation-with-biztalk-2010?forum=biztalkesb

FYI, You need to shrink the size of System Database:-  model db.

Rachit

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 11:42 AM
  • Have you installed all the pre-requisite for ESB toolkit which include Enterprise Library and Microsoft Report Viewer Redistributable 200.

You should follow below steps :

Once done try to configure your ESB portal . Hope things will go fine :)

Thanks

Abhishek

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Tuesday, October 28, 2014 6:40 AM
    Wednesday, October 22, 2014 12:25 PM
  • I am getting the same error, I have installed all the prerequisites and also Isolated host user and admin user is added to the SQL user login. Still am getting the error :

Exception calling "create" with "0" argument(s): "Create failed for Database 'EsbExceptionDb'

In the esb configuration tool's log I found the below error:

Exception calling "Create" with "0" argument(s): "Create failed for Database 'EsbExceptionDb'. "
    Create failed for Database 'EsbExceptionDb'.
    An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch.
    The CREATE DATABASE statement failed. The primary file must be at least 53 MB to accommodate a copy of the model database.

Can some-one suggest me how to resolve this issue. I using ESB toolkit 2.2 with BizTalk server 2013

Thursday, November 13, 2014 6:33 AM
  • I am getting the same error, I have installed all the prerequisites and also Isolated host user and admin user is added to the SQL user login. Still am getting the error :

Exception calling "create" with "0" argument(s): "Create failed for Database 'EsbExceptionDb'

In the esb configuration tool's log I found the below error:

Exception calling "Create" with "0" argument(s): "Create failed for Database 'EsbExceptionDb'. "
    Create failed for Database 'EsbExceptionDb'.
    An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch.
    The CREATE DATABASE statement failed. The primary file must be at least 53 MB to accommodate a copy of the model database.

Can some-one suggest me how to resolve this issue. I using ESB toolkit 2.2 with BizTalk server 2013

Thursday, November 13, 2014 6:46 AM
  • On the server where this fails, verify the size of the Model database. I suspect it has inadvertently become larger than expected.
    All newly created databases use the Model database as a 'template'. The new databases will start out no smaller than the Model database.As this message indicates, since the Model database is about 53 MB in size, you MUST have a minimum size of 53 MB.And you can reduce the size of the Model database. See Books Online, Topics: DBCC Shrinkdatabase, DBCC Shrinkfile
    Thursday, November 13, 2014 6:54 AM
  • Is there any other option toresplve this issue other than shrinking the Model database  ?
    Thursday, November 13, 2014 7:09 AM