none
Web query RRS feed

• Question

• Can one pass an excel URL  web query's resultant table directly to a VBA array; without having to first post it to a worksheet, then to an array? 

• Edited by betaid Wednesday, November 11, 2015 1:41 AM
    Wednesday, November 11, 2015 1:27 AM

Answers

• Hi betaid,

>>Can one pass an excel URL  web query's  resultant table directly to a VBA array; without having to first post it to a worksheet, then to an array? 

No, it is impossible. Web query is a built-in function in Excel, we could not custom it. Excel object model did not support this function. If you want to convert web table into VBA array with web query, you need to import it into a worksheet, and then convert it to an array.

If this is a feature you want to include in the feature version of Excel, I suggest you submit a feedback in the link below:
    https://excel.uservoice.com/

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, November 12, 2015 1:39 AM

All replies

• Hi betaid,

>>Can one pass an excel URL  web query's  resultant table directly to a VBA array; without having to first post it to a worksheet, then to an array? 

No, it is impossible. Web query is a built-in function in Excel, we could not custom it. Excel object model did not support this function. If you want to convert web table into VBA array with web query, you need to import it into a worksheet, and then convert it to an array.

If this is a feature you want to include in the feature version of Excel, I suggest you submit a feedback in the link below:
    https://excel.uservoice.com/

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Thursday, November 12, 2015 1:39 AM
  • Thank you for your response.

It makes sense.

As an aside the survey site was unavailable, but I tried to participate in the survey.

Thanks again

betaid

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 2:44 PM
  • Hi betaid,

I am glad that it makes sense, and I suggest you mark the helpful reply as answer to close this thread.

In addition, for unavailable survey, I will report this issue.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Edward

Wednesday, November 25, 2015 5:12 AM