none
Get a server with Modern Authentication enabled RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to build a mobile app which is able to add Exchange account with Modern Authentication (OAuth 2.0). So at first, I want to have a testing server supporting Modern Authentication. There are two choices: Exchange on-Premises and Office 365 (Exchange Online).

I found a link about using Hybrid Modern Authentication with Exchange on-Premises. If I want to go with Exchange on-Premises, is this hybrid way with Exchange online the only choice for enabling Modern Authentication?
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/how-to-configure-exchange-server-on-premises-to-use-hybrid-modern-authentication-cef3044d-d4cb-4586-8e82-ee97bd3b14ad?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Besides, I also have an Office 365 domain. I read from somewhere that Modern Authentication is enabled by default for O365. What does "enabled by default" actually mean? Is it about that no more config work is needed by the domain admins to allow mobile clients use Modern Authentication during add account? If the mobile client supports Modern Authentication, then is Modern Authentication the default way for the service provider to go? Otherwise, does the service provider fall back to Basic Authentication?

If the O365 way does not involve lots of heavy config work, I would like to go with it.

Thanks, Leung

Sandy

Friday, June 8, 2018 4:29 PM