none
How is mscomctl.dll/ocx listed in the Tools/References for Access 2010 or 2013? RRS feed

• Question

• I just need the phrase to identify the mscomctl.dll or ocx.  I want to use the TreeView and ListView objects.

Thanks

Marj Weir

Monday, February 15, 2016 8:35 AM

Answers

• Hi Weir,

As Albert mentioned that this ActiveX doesn't work for the 64-bit Office. As a workaround, you can find the controls which support for 64-bit Office to replace.

In addition, you may refer to the link below about detail choosing the Office version:

Choose the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Office

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Marj Weir Thursday, February 18, 2016 6:38 AM
    Wednesday, February 17, 2016 6:24 AM

All replies

• You can simple drop the tree view onto a form in design mode. From the ribbon tool box, from this option:

Access at that point will setup the correct reference like this for you

However, keep in mind if using the x64 bit version of Access, then the common controls such as tree-view are NOT available. So above should suffice for you to setup the correct reference.

However, if you are using the x64 bit version of Access (and you should not be), then you find the above common controls are NOT available since no x64 bit version exists. So if in a simple test form, you do not see nor have the option to insert a tree view into an Access form, then check if you using the x32 or x64 bit version of Access.

Regards,

Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP)

Edmonton, Alberta Canada

Monday, February 15, 2016 6:40 PM
  • Thank you very much! Very helpful. If I find that I am using the x64 bit version, is there a way to revert to the x32 bit version?  Is there some reason I should not be using the x64 bit version?

Marj Weir

Monday, February 15, 2016 7:44 PM
  • Hi Weir,

As Albert mentioned that this ActiveX doesn't work for the 64-bit Office. As a workaround, you can find the controls which support for 64-bit Office to replace.

In addition, you may refer to the link below about detail choosing the Office version:

Choose the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Office

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Marj Weir Thursday, February 18, 2016 6:38 AM
    Wednesday, February 17, 2016 6:24 AM