none
City names with Æ,Ø and Å is shown wrong RRS feed

• Question

• My city names is not shown correct. It is in Denmark. How do I fix it?

EDIT*

• I am using Bing Maps V8 web control.
    • I am including the map javscript like this: <script type='text/javascript' src='https://www.bing.com/api/maps/mapcontrol?mkt=da-DK'></script>
    • I am initializing the map like this:
      this.map = new Microsoft.Maps.Map(document.getElementById("trackTraceMap"),

{
                    credentials: my_credentials
                });

• If I have this or not "<meta charset="utf-8" />" in the header, doesn't seem to make any difference

Thursday, February 9, 2017 4:25 PM

Answers

• Where are you seeing this? The Bing Maps website, Bing Maps V7 web control Bing Maps V8 web control, Windows 10 maps API? Do you know what culture code your app is using?

If using the Bing Maps V8 control, have you set the charset meta tag to UTF-8 or something else?

Here is what I an seeing:

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

Thursday, February 9, 2017 5:48 PM

All replies

• Where are you seeing this? The Bing Maps website, Bing Maps V7 web control Bing Maps V8 web control, Windows 10 maps API? Do you know what culture code your app is using?

If using the Bing Maps V8 control, have you set the charset meta tag to UTF-8 or something else?

Here is what I an seeing:

Thursday, February 9, 2017 5:48 PM
  • I have updated the question with some more information.
    Friday, February 10, 2017 5:56 AM
  • Apparently the <meta charset="utf-8" /> was the trick.
    I don't know why it didn't work before, (maybe I actually forgot to save the changes).
    Friday, February 10, 2017 6:06 AM
  • Might have been a browser caching issue. The map renders labels in the browser by default which makes them display much better as they are then rendered at the same resolution as your screen. Since this rendering occurs on the canvas in the browser only utf-8 characters are supported.

Friday, February 10, 2017 3:34 PM