none
Handling exceptions in CSF 3.0 RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

I have a class from where I route messages to session service. I call all services asynchronously and hence i have defined a method in this class where service responses are recieved and handled.

Now in case an error occurs(from web services that are called by Session services), I have defined a method called HandleError(SoapFaultException ex) and also added ACTION EQ (http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/08/addressing/fault) in manifest file.

In the messages that I send to services, i have added reference property for correlation as I am not using CSF's correlation mechanism.

In method HandleError, how can I retrieve this Id. ID exists in soap envelope in Reply property, but I recieve SoapFaultException as input to this method. I dont recieve Message so that i can use some API like Message.Header.Properties.GetProperty(). How do I get "Message" from SoapFaultException class?There is no API in SoapFaultException class to read the "Message" and its properties.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tirath

Tuesday, October 31, 2006 8:42 AM

Answers

• I have answered similar question in another thread.

If you have following routing criteria you will be able to get all the faults to the ErrorHandlerAction

<Route>

<Criteria>MESSAGE EQ 'Fault' AND MESSAGENS EQ 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/' </Criteria> 

<Destination>InitiatorService[ErrorHandlerAction]</Destination>

</Route>

Thanks

Friday, November 3, 2006 9:37 PM

All replies

• Hello Tirath,

I am not sure whether this would work. But give it a try.

Override the ProcessMessage method of CsfService.

You will obviously receive the Message in this method. Check if this Message has the reference properties that you have set.

Give it a try and let me know.

Regards,

Vikram

Wednesday, November 1, 2006 3:12 PM
  • Hi Vikram,

Thanks for the reply. However I do not want to change anything for normal and successful scenarios. Overriding ProcessMessage method will mean changing something in normal scenarios as well. But I just want to handle Error scenarios so that I can retrieve actual Message from exception. Isnt there any other option available?

Thanks

Wednesday, November 1, 2006 6:32 PM
  • Hello Tirath,

There is an option.

Instead of accepting SoapFaultException parameter in your method, accept a Message type parameter.

The SoapFaultException object will be present in the Message body. You can retrieve it. Also I suppose you will be able to get your reference properties intact in the Message.

Regards,

Vikram

Thursday, November 2, 2006 4:16 AM
  • I have answered similar question in another thread.

If you have following routing criteria you will be able to get all the faults to the ErrorHandlerAction

<Route>

<Criteria>MESSAGE EQ 'Fault' AND MESSAGENS EQ 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/' </Criteria> 

<Destination>InitiatorService[ErrorHandlerAction]</Destination>

</Route>

Thanks

Friday, November 3, 2006 9:37 PM
  • Use the message available in the request context . i.e., RequestContext.Message, will contian the message you recieved.

thanks

Reddy

Sunday, November 26, 2006 10:27 AM