Solution / project structure for SignalR server, Android/iOS app and web application with live statistics RRS feed

• Question

• User1827474158 posted

Hi,

For fun and for learning, I would like to create an ASP.NET server utlilizing SignalR (or is there a better alternative for realtime updates?). Android / iOS app should be able to connect to the server and send text messages that pops up in realtime in other connected Android / iOS apps. The server should also store these messages in a database.

In addition I want to have a web application with a real time counter of how many messages have been sent.

Android / iOS apps aside, how should I best make the server and statistics? In one web application? Maybe the server should be a standalone console?

Hopefully someone could cast a light on what might be the best approach Smile

Tuesday, August 2, 2016 10:51 PM

All replies

• User-359936451 posted

Android / iOS are not the real constraints, its the browsers that each use. Current releases support SignalR, last check.

SignalR is realtime, as it can get, depending on connectivity. The docs will explain this.

you can store data to server as needed when messages pass through server.

Azure should finally support signalR you'll need to double check it was delayed.

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 6:52 PM