none
Programmatically logon on Project Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

i'm trying to logon to Project Server via a webservices located in the PSI (LoginForms) through java.

The Project Server is well configured as I can login with forms-based to PWA through a browser.

The response of the server is as following:

the server couldn't process the request --> Der Client konnte die Anforderung aufgrund eines internen Fehler nicht verarbeiten. Wenn Sie weitere Informationen zum Fehler erhalten möchten, aktivieren Sie entweder IncludeExceptionDetailInFaults (entweder über das ServiceBehaviorAttribute oder das <serviceDebug>-Konfigurationsverhalten) für den Client, um die Ausnahmeinformationen zurück an den Server zu senden, oder aktivieren Sie die Ablaufverfolgung gemäß der Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 SDK-Dokumentation, und prüfen Sie die Serverablaufverfolgungsprotokolle.

When i pass wrong credentials to the webservice the response is the expected one: false.

I could successfully logon to a SharePoint site (using authentication webservice) through the the application, using the same credentials as in Project Server.

Anyone can help to solve this issue?

Thanks!

• Edited by JoeKingman Monday, February 27, 2012 3:19 PM
    Monday, February 27, 2012 3:09 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi JoeKingman,

Pl let us know the error response in english, as we couldnt understand the meaning of it.

and hope the link http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa568853.aspx#pj14_PrerequisitesASMX_ClaimsMultiAuth may help you to understand the authentication mechanism and msdn post clearly explains when and what to use for the authentication.

B Rajasekhar Reddy

• Marked as answer by JoeKingman Thursday, March 1, 2012 9:28 PM
    Monday, February 27, 2012 5:50 PM
  • Hi

the response in english is (i have used a translator):

The request couldnotbeprocessed by the server.--->The client couldnot handlethe requestdue to an internalerror.Ifyou would like moreinformationabout the error,either enableIncludeExceptionDetailInFaults(either through theServiceBehaviorAttributeor<serviceDebug>configurationbehavior) for the clientto sendthe exception informationback to the server, or enabletracingaccording to Microsoft.NETFramework3.0SDKdocumentationand inspecttheservertrace logs.

I tried to disable the Windows authentication on the site but still same error. I went trough the link but it didn't help me because I'm using LoginForms for the authentication.

Thanks

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 8:24 AM
  • If you are using the LoginForms for the authentication, then have a look at the below links. You should be able to get the required from those links.

Since I haven't implemented these mechanisms, I cant provide any further clarification on the above error.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/websvcloginwindows.loginwindows.login(v=office.12).aspx 

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms455600(v=office.12).aspx 

B Rajasekhar Reddy

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 11:54 AM
  • Thanks for the answer. 

I will try to setup the C# application and test it with the Project SDK.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 10:28 AM
  • Hi,

i have solved the problem; i deactivated the windows authentication and it the response of the webservice was true.

Thanks

Thursday, March 1, 2012 9:28 PM
  • Joe, Great to hear that. Keep rocking...

B Rajasekhar Reddy

• Proposed as answer by diana001 Thursday, July 26, 2012 12:26 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by diana001 Thursday, July 26, 2012 12:26 PM
    • Proposed as answer by diana001 Thursday, July 26, 2012 12:26 PM
    Wednesday, March 7, 2012 8:49 AM
  • hi JoeKingMan,

i'm trying to do the same thing, but i can't find any documentation available in java, all the parts of codes proposed are in  c# and vb

can u help me please to get started in my application, thank you a lot

Thursday, July 26, 2012 12:29 PM