none
How to extract wanted data into datatable/dataset and eliminate unwanted data RRS feed

• Question

• Hye, Currently i am doing a support tool which is excel to database loader where the data from excel will be insert or update in sql server database. I have done the tool but recently one problem keep arising which is how to tell the program to extract wanted data and eliminate unwanted data in dataset/datatable. For example we have many client and each client have different excel formatted file as below ;

Customer A

Customer B

In the above for example we have two customer which different excel format where customer have name, date and the table while customer have  name, date, time and the table. If you notice the two customer also have different table location. So how i can extract only the table in different location and eliminate the unwanted such as name,date and time(maybe different data which inserted by customer) in datatable/dataset and convert it into a gridview. I heard about PivotTable but not sure about that. I hope anyone can suggest on how to solve my problem stated above..I will appreciate your solution.

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 2:47 AM

All replies