Windows 8 : html application crash

Question

• Hello,

I've just started to work on windows 8 Platform, and I just faced a problem quite from the start...

I'm having problems running simple Hello world applications, no matter if they are WindowsStore javascript ones, Windows store c# ones, or Desktop html ones...

Détails :

For a store application in JS the error I'm having is :

'The application did not start', with the visual studio console displaying :

Le programme '[2628] WWAHost.exe' s'est arrêté avec le code 1314 (0x522).

For a store application in C#, the error is :

Une exception non gérée du type 'System.Exception' s'est produite dans IQF_sprint1.exe

Informations supplémentaires : A required privilege is not held by the client. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070522)

For a desktop application, the error is :

Le programme '[4420] WWAHost.exe' s'est arrêté avec le code 1314 (0x522).

I'm local admin of the computer. The all three applications just require InternetClient capacity, and nothing more.

Anybody has an idea?

Thursday, September 5, 2013 2:43 PM

Answers

• Hi Florent25,

Bacially I don't know what language you are using, but I'm pretty sure it is not English, so I can only use translator to understand your errer message. A good idea for you is to post on a French Forum for a better support if your message contains any French(detected by translator).

I searched for "code 1314 (0x522)" and "HRESULT: 0x80070522", the explanation both point to "privilege" of your system. Can you try to run the Visual Studio by a Administrator account.

You could try to new another project for instance C# WPF project. If the error message still appear, I think it should belong to a Visual Studio problem. The correct forum could be: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?forum=visualstudiogeneral

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, September 6, 2013 2:08 AM