none
Status: Pendingm Requirement: Microsoft Framework 2.0(86) RRS feed

• Question

• When I attempt to download a sound driver, after I follow all the Run commands, I receive the following error message: "the filrs for inallation requirement Microsoft.NET 2.0(x86) could ot be found. The installation will not stop. This is probably due to a failed or cancelled download." Does this mean the Microsoft.NET 2.0(86) download failed? If so, how can I correct the problem so that I may be able to download sound drivers or any other downloads?

Thank you.

Robin Sprowls

Sunday, August 21, 2011 5:29 PM

Answers

• Hi 2rgs1969,

Thank you for your post.

For Windows Vista/Windows 7, .NET Framework 2.0 is embedded as a system component, so you cannot install .NET Framework 2.0 in these OS. You can try to activate it via Control Panel. To do so: Start>>Control Panel>>Uninstall a program>>Turn Windows features on or off>>Enable node “Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1” and all its sub nodes. If you encountered any error during the activation, it means some of your system files are corrupt. Consequently, I recommend you repair it via the steps listed in this webpage: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2007/03/26/how-to-repair-the-net-framework-2-0-and-3-0-on-windows-vista.aspx

If it still does not work, I only recommend you try to repair and reinstall OS to resolve this problem.

For Windows XP, if you can check it in Control Panel. To do so: Start>>Control Panel>>Add or Remove Programs>>. If you can find it on program list, you can select it and click Remove button. If you have installed .NET Framework 3.0 and 3.5 on your computer, I recommend you uninstall them all and then reinstall them again to avoid some installation problems. Another way to verify the .NET Frameworks you have installed is to use .NET Framework Setup Verification Tool. If it reveals .NET Framework has not installed, i recommend you download .NET Framework 2.0 here: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=19

For Windows XP, Service Pack 2 is required.

If you have any other concerns, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Alexander Sun [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Alexander Sun Monday, August 29, 2011 3:20 AM
    Tuesday, August 23, 2011 8:27 AM

All replies

• PLease tell us your Windows version and provide the link from which you downloaded the sound driver.

There could be several different reasons why the install failed.

You can start by verifying the .NET Frameworks installed on your system with this tool:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/10/13/8999004.aspx

Please share the verivication results AND your Windows version for further advice.

Sunday, August 21, 2011 7:17 PM
  • Hi 2rgs1969,

Thank you for your post.

For Windows Vista/Windows 7, .NET Framework 2.0 is embedded as a system component, so you cannot install .NET Framework 2.0 in these OS. You can try to activate it via Control Panel. To do so: Start>>Control Panel>>Uninstall a program>>Turn Windows features on or off>>Enable node “Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1” and all its sub nodes. If you encountered any error during the activation, it means some of your system files are corrupt. Consequently, I recommend you repair it via the steps listed in this webpage: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2007/03/26/how-to-repair-the-net-framework-2-0-and-3-0-on-windows-vista.aspx

If it still does not work, I only recommend you try to repair and reinstall OS to resolve this problem.

For Windows XP, if you can check it in Control Panel. To do so: Start>>Control Panel>>Add or Remove Programs>>. If you can find it on program list, you can select it and click Remove button. If you have installed .NET Framework 3.0 and 3.5 on your computer, I recommend you uninstall them all and then reinstall them again to avoid some installation problems. Another way to verify the .NET Frameworks you have installed is to use .NET Framework Setup Verification Tool. If it reveals .NET Framework has not installed, i recommend you download .NET Framework 2.0 here: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=19

For Windows XP, Service Pack 2 is required.

If you have any other concerns, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Alexander Sun [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Alexander Sun Monday, August 29, 2011 3:20 AM
    Tuesday, August 23, 2011 8:27 AM
  • Through a Microsoft scan, I successfully installed .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 and successfully upgraded to .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 2 and .NET Framework 3.5 SP1. My OS is Windows XP, Service Pack 3.

Now I have another problem. I have lost sound on my pc, the Sound and Audio devices list no audio device under Volume and no playback device under Audio default devices. Do I need to download new sound drivers? If so, how do I get them to install under my Sounds device?

Thank you for your assistance.

Robin Sprowls

Tuesday, August 30, 2011 12:11 AM
  • Hi Robin,

In my opinion, I recommend you contact the support of your sound device. After verification, all your .NET Frameworks are ok.

Best Regards,

Alexander Sun [MSFT]

Tuesday, August 30, 2011 12:27 PM