none
Process hangs up when calling MailItem.Save after modifying email properties with cache mode off. RRS feed

• Question

• I tried to save mail item after modifying email property and it works fine when cache mode on but when cache mode off process hags up on MailItem.Save(). The longer process hangs up the bigger attachment attached to email.

How to avoid such behaviour?

Wednesday, October 10, 2018 1:37 PM

Answers

All replies

• I'm not sure what reason make you turn off cache mode.

If you turn off cache mode,  you can only use you client when you have a connection to the server.

You should always make your Outlook connection to the server. 

For more information, you could refer to these links:

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

• Edited by Alina Li- MSFT Thursday, October 11, 2018 6:36 AM
    • Marked as answer by yyesa Tuesday, October 16, 2018 6:57 AM
    Thursday, October 11, 2018 6:18 AM
  • Because one of our client use Citrix and require to use online mode.

Thursday, October 11, 2018 12:48 PM
  • As I said, you should always make your Outlook connection to the server. 

If not, Outlook is unusable

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Friday, October 12, 2018 8:19 AM
  • Thanks for your asking. Did you resolve your issue ? If the post helps you, you can mark it as answer and close the post. Thank you for understanding. If you have any question, or update, please feel free to let us know. I wish you a happy life!

Regards,

Alina

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Tuesday, October 16, 2018 6:21 AM