Expression Web 3 Missing "open site" & "close site"menu items RRS feed

• Question

• I originally noticed that the "file/export" choice was not available in EW3 (it was in EW2) and now I can't seem to locate either "file/close site" or "file/open site" menu commands. I was informed by a forum moderator that the file/export command was not included in EW3 because of an issue related to MS inability to access the code from another MS work group so it was not included in EW3 - but what about the latter two commands noted above. Without them it's difficult to completely close out a site to start something from scratch (not open an existing site) but create a completely clean working space - and I don't know how to open an entire existing site other than do a "file/open/file" or go to an existing file in the website and use the right mouse button to do an "open with EW3" but that doesn't guarantee that the entire website will open, sometimes you get just that single file in the folder window. Am I missing something - I just don't see any replacement functions in EW3 for these 2 comands which were removed from EW2 - Appreciate your help - BW
    Saturday, May 1, 2010 6:48 PM

Answers

• "Am I missing something - I just don't see any replacement functions in EW3 for these 2 comands which were removed from EW2 - Appreciate your help - BW"

You might want to look under the Site menu item. Site-related commands have been moved there. Yes, others have also found it puzzling when those commands apparently disappeared, but it does make some organizational sense to group them with other site-related commands, if you think about it.

cheers,
    scott

C'mon, folks. This isn't rocket science, nor neurosurgery. It's "Expression" (singular) "Web" (singular), in that order, followed by a version numeral if you wish to be specific. It is often abbreviated "EW." It is not "Web Expression," "Expressions Web," "Web Expressions," or plain "Expression" or "Expressions." Not using the correct name indicates either ignorance or laziness. Most folks would rather avoid the appearance of either.
    • Marked as answer by BillwCT Sunday, May 2, 2010 7:48 PM
    Saturday, May 1, 2010 6:58 PM

All replies

• "Am I missing something - I just don't see any replacement functions in EW3 for these 2 comands which were removed from EW2 - Appreciate your help - BW"

You might want to look under the Site menu item. Site-related commands have been moved there. Yes, others have also found it puzzling when those commands apparently disappeared, but it does make some organizational sense to group them with other site-related commands, if you think about it.

cheers,
    scott

C'mon, folks. This isn't rocket science, nor neurosurgery. It's "Expression" (singular) "Web" (singular), in that order, followed by a version numeral if you wish to be specific. It is often abbreviated "EW." It is not "Web Expression," "Expressions Web," "Web Expressions," or plain "Expression" or "Expressions." Not using the correct name indicates either ignorance or laziness. Most folks would rather avoid the appearance of either.
    • Marked as answer by BillwCT Sunday, May 2, 2010 7:48 PM
    Saturday, May 1, 2010 6:58 PM
  • Scott - Thanks for the quick response. I appreciate your help-I guess I was just lazy enough not to bother looking ! - BW
    Saturday, May 1, 2010 7:06 PM