Secondary Datasource WS calls not using logged in user's credentials RRS feed

• Question

• We have an InfoPath form that invokes a method in a web service that is deployed in the _vti_bin of the SharePoint portal. The issue that we have is that the calls to the web service from the form server is not getting impersonated with the logged in user’s credentials and are going through as anonymous calls (0#.w|nt+authority\iusr).

Currently the only way we can force FormServer to send the credentials to the WS is by using the <udc:Authenticatin> tag of the udcx file, either by providing the user credentials explicitly or by setting up SSO using the secure store service. Unfortunately both these approaches wont work for us, because if we go the SSO route,  we would need to have all the users from AD duplicated in the Secure Store database and it would become a management nightmare keeping both in sync.

I am pretty sure that we are doing something wrong, becaue it seems quite unlikely that FormServer does not have any mechanism to impersonate the logged in users credentials directly

The environment that we have is a 3 server SharePoint 2010 farm with 1 WFE, 1 APP Server and 1 DB Server, and we are using SharePoint 2010 set up to use Claims based authentication and Kerberos.

It would be great if you could tell us what we are doing wrong -

• Edited by Mr.Geek Monday, February 27, 2012 1:30 AM Updated text
    Monday, February 27, 2012 1:28 AM

Answers

•  

Hi  Peter_Atherton,

As far as I know, if you enable anonymous access in your SharePoint, So, may be it going through as anonymous. I suggest you to disable it.

Disable anonymous access at the Web Application level by browsing to Central Administration > Application Management > Manage Web Applications.

Thanks,

Jack

Friday, March 2, 2012 9:26 AM