none
Things required to develop an application running on an XBOX 360 and using a KINECT Camera RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I'm an intern in a company, and my job is to develop an application for the XBOX, wich is controlled using a KINECT Camera.

I know I need the following:

- XBOX 360 (Got that)
    - XBOX Kinect (Got that)
    - XNA Gamestudio 4.0 (Got that)
    - App hub membership (Working on that, the company needs to buy this for me)
    - Kinect for XBOX SDK (No idea how to get this)

Is this all I need? And if so, how can I get the XBOX Kinect SDK?

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 10:26 AM

Answers

All replies

• This is a Kinect for Windows SDK developer forum. If you are looking to target Xbox 360 development, have a look at the Xbox 360 website for developers

Developing Games for Xbox
    http://www.xbox.com/en-US/developers/xbox360/

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 5:58 PM
  • As far as I know, you can't do what you want, Mortana.  While you can develop XNA games for the Xbox, sort of, you can't develop XNA games with Kinect for Xbox.

Using the Kinect for Windows SDK, you can write XNA games with the Kinect Sensor for PCs, however.

James Ashley - Presentation Layer Architect at Razorfish Emerging Experiences
    jamesashley@imaginativeuniversal.com
    www.imaginativeuniversal.com www.emergingexperiences.com

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 8:27 PM
  • I think you need to ask xna people here: http://forums.create.msdn.com/forums/

instead of us because this is the kinect for windows forum and we can only suggest stragties and the implementation part needs to be done at the forum link above for offical xna development and they will suggest how to do things.

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering - Yoda

Thursday, February 9, 2012 4:43 PM