OOTB approval workflow can only be approved by workflow participants? RRS feed

• Question

• a approval workflow was created using the out of the box approval workflow template. I have a manager with elevated permissions on a site who is not initially a part of the approval workflows but often times without notice needs to be the one who approves  these workflows. When she attempts to approve them she gets the following error "Reason: The user who attempted to complete the task is not the user to whom the task is assigned." is this limited to the approval workflow. myself i have full site control and i cannot approve the workflow but i can cancel it? is this by design?

sp2007, wss3.0, team template.

Monday, August 1, 2011 4:51 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Which exact permissions does your manager have? Did you customize permission level before?

I can approve tasks with the user who has full control. The user who initiated the workflow also can approve the workflow if "Allow changes to the participant list when this workflow is started" is checked. You can try to reassign the task to another user if it can meet your requirement.

Here is a thread describing the similar issue with you,

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/sharepointworkflow/thread/e377f217-e981-4537-b73d-63d2683351df

Thanks,

Pengyu Zhao

• Marked as answer by Wayne Fan Friday, August 12, 2011 1:56 AM
    Tuesday, August 2, 2011 6:05 AM