Staging Batch Process Running Slowly RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We have restored a MDS version from Pre-Production for which we did an initial load onto the UAT server for User Acceptance Testing.

What I have noticed since we have started to receive Delta payloads is that they are taking longer than normal to process into MDS proper from the staging batch tables.

Has anyone has similar issues with slow processing staging batches, and if so how did you remedy this?

Regards,

Scott. 

Monday, March 19, 2012 8:07 PM

Answers

• Scott,

I realize this is an old post but will chime in anyway.  What sort of volumes of data are you processing.  We have experienced issues when running 5k-10k records through the batch process.  We end up breaking this data up into separate batches of 5k records.  Seems to go faster.  MDS 2012 seems to be improved considerably over MDS 2008 R2 in the performance category as well. 

Gene

Thursday, May 31, 2012 2:53 PM

All replies

• Scott,

I realize this is an old post but will chime in anyway.  What sort of volumes of data are you processing.  We have experienced issues when running 5k-10k records through the batch process.  We end up breaking this data up into separate batches of 5k records.  Seems to go faster.  MDS 2012 seems to be improved considerably over MDS 2008 R2 in the performance category as well. 

Gene

Thursday, May 31, 2012 2:53 PM
  • Hi Gene,

Thanks for you reply.

How did you break up the batches into smaller batches? Did you use the MDS configuration to handle this?

From what I understand that MDS 2012 has separate staging batch tables for each entity. This would improve the throughput :-)

Scott.

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 7:06 AM