none
[WACK] Application suspend was not detected RRS feed

• Question

• I have problems with Windows App Cert Kit (i use menu in VS2012/Store/Create app packages...). It ALWAYS finishes with Application Error: Application Suspend was not detected for application.

this.Suspending += OnSuspending;
      ///....

private async void OnSuspending(object sender, SuspendingEventArgs e)     
    {      var deferral = e.SuspendingOperation.GetDeferral();
                //TODO: Save application state and stop any background activity
                await SuspensionManager.SaveAsync();
                deferral.Complete();
    }

- I don't interact with apps during test.
    Can it be problem with my computer ?  (I have also VS2010+WP7.1 SDK installed)
    My application GETS into suspended  mode (when I switch to desktop, i see it in Task Manager). I had Background Tasks (Audio), but it doesn't work when I remove them.

I've tried also other SAMPLE applications (WindowsBlogReader, HelloWorld_1, HelloWorld_2), but the same result. What I do to get HelloWorld_2 working? The SDK sample WindowsBlogReader (link) seems to have completed suspension feature, but it doesn't pass my test, too.

Thank you very much
    Ondrej Dobecka

Thursday, September 27, 2012 2:08 PM

Answers

• Ok, solved...  On my clean Windows profile (different account), WACK was working and all apps passed certification, including Samples.... 

(Maybe some app was running which WACK doesn't like.. ?)

Thank you

• Marked as answer by andrews911 Friday, September 28, 2012 10:16 AM
    Friday, September 28, 2012 10:16 AM

All replies

• Ondrej,

Interacting with apps is an important test of usability and can help you catch things that might lead to errors such as the one that is causing an issue in this case.

Please review section 3.8 of the certification requirements:

3.8 Your app must meet the basic performance criteria on a low-power computer

• The app must launch in 5 seconds or less
    • The app must suspend in 2 seconds or less

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh694083.aspx

-Eric

Thursday, September 27, 2012 4:04 PM
  • Hello,

Thank you, but I know rules of certification.
    It's no problem of performance. As I've written, application suspend was not detected.
    But it's odd:

this.Suspending += OnSuspending;

App doesn't have performance problem, either.

Where could be problem?
    Thank you

Friday, September 28, 2012 9:20 AM
  • Ok, solved...  On my clean Windows profile (different account), WACK was working and all apps passed certification, including Samples.... 

(Maybe some app was running which WACK doesn't like.. ?)

Thank you

• Marked as answer by andrews911 Friday, September 28, 2012 10:16 AM
    Friday, September 28, 2012 10:16 AM
  • Every one of my apps (totally 5) has this problem with WACK, but every one passed certification after submission.  I do not touch my computer when WACK does the test.I have a quad-core CPU with 16GB RAM on the development machine. 

Hong

Saturday, December 28, 2013 1:17 AM