none
Outlook addin RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm building outlook add-in, but we have a problem with knowing is user sent email. I saw that there is an event ItemSend but if I use him then I can't publish add-in on Office Store. Are there any other possibilities?

I need to know is user sent or discard email. Thank you.

• Moved by Steve Fan Monday, October 30, 2017 2:23 AM relocate
    • Edited by Mr.Gagi Monday, October 30, 2017 12:47 PM
    Saturday, October 28, 2017 10:18 AM

Answers

• Hello,

According to On send feature for Outlook add-ins: The on send feature is currently supported for Outlook Web App in Office 365 only. Support for other platforms is coming soon. Add-ins that use the on send feature aren't allowed in the Office Store.

If you want to handle item send event, it is impossible to publish the add-in to Office Store. I checked EWS request and REST API, I think there is no way to work around. I suggest you use another deploy method. Please Deploy and publish your Office Add-in

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Chenchen LiModerator Wednesday, November 1, 2017 9:02 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mr.Gagi Wednesday, November 1, 2017 9:29 AM
    Tuesday, October 31, 2017 2:13 AM

All replies

• Hi Mr. Gagi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Office for IT Professionals Outlook forum. This forum is for general questions and feedback related to Microsoft Outlook. Since your questions is more related to developing an add-in, I'll move it to the dedicated Outlook for Developers forum:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?forum=outlookdev

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 30, 2017 2:23 AM
  • Hello,

According to On send feature for Outlook add-ins: The on send feature is currently supported for Outlook Web App in Office 365 only. Support for other platforms is coming soon. Add-ins that use the on send feature aren't allowed in the Office Store.

If you want to handle item send event, it is impossible to publish the add-in to Office Store. I checked EWS request and REST API, I think there is no way to work around. I suggest you use another deploy method. Please Deploy and publish your Office Add-in

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Chenchen LiModerator Wednesday, November 1, 2017 9:02 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mr.Gagi Wednesday, November 1, 2017 9:29 AM
    Tuesday, October 31, 2017 2:13 AM