Export to text (not in CSV format) RRS feed

• Question

• I'd like to take the currently selected record from a LS form and have a print button that just outputs each value on a new line of a text file which is saved to a network folder.  For instance, if I collect Item, Operation, and Defect and then save it, I would then have the option to hit a print button that would generate a text file like so:

Sprocket

Lathe

Dents

I just want each value on its own line, not in CSV.  I have a form printing software that will take the values as the files are saved to its spooler folder on the network and marry it with a form.  My goal is to not have to learn how to create forms with XAML or CSS or whatever other technology I don't have experience with.  :)   .. (sorry, but I'm not a programmer, but LS really cuts down on app dev for our simple needs).  Thanks!

Monday, April 25, 2016 6:26 PM

All replies

• Hi Daveho,

From your description above, why don't you print that data to Excel file?

Perhaps Michael's blog will help on this.

Creating Reports in LightSwitch HTML Client 

Regards,

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Edited by Angie Xu Thursday, April 28, 2016 6:01 AM
    Thursday, April 28, 2016 6:01 AM