Merge Options Issue RRS feed

• Question

• I have the following issue:

I have a data grid that is bound to a observable collection the user is able to paginate through data a background object contains the context and the observable collection - the MergeOption is set to Preserve changes. 

When the user modified a row the context is updated and if they save then everything is alright.  If they modify the row and move to the next page then back to the first page - the change is gone.  The context is running the query again and returning the data as it is still stored in the database, but it was my understanding that with PreserveChanges the object I get back should not be modified by data brought back by the system but still reflect the status in the context.

Does preserve changes only protect data from data returned by Expansions or should I expect that my object would not be overwritten - or am I dealing with a 1.0 bug ?

I have tried Append and Preserve changes with no

Using: Silverlight 3 - .Net 3.5 sp1 - I am not using the CTP of DataServices 1.5 - I am still on ClientDataService version 1.0
    Tuesday, September 29, 2009 5:31 PM

Answers

• Hi! I think this is the usual behavior, but I think I can help you if you post your source code :)

Thanks  ;)
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 4:05 PM