none
Can not add my account when Publishing to Azure from Visual Studio 2015

Question

• When I attemt to add my microsoft account when setting up publishing to Azure from Visual Studio I get this error every time in Visual Studio 2015. 

I am attempting to add my account from the publishing dialog here:

In fiddler i can see that it tries 3 times and then I recieve the error

I have tried from two other machines also, and the problem is the same. 

The account is working FINE in all other regards where I use it, and I can login with no issues. It is ONLY related to this one place in the publishing to Azure dialog.

Please help!

Wednesday, December 14, 2016 10:41 AM

All replies

• I can also reproduce the error when I add the account from Visual Studio 2015 -> Help -> Register Product -> Add an account

Wednesday, December 14, 2016 11:26 AM
  • Hi Allan Modin Christensen,

Which version of VS2015 do you use? I tested in both of my VS2015 Community Update 3 and VS2015 Enterprise Update 3, both of them working fine.

Please check your VS2015 version to make sure they are in latest version (14.0.25431.01) and also check your IE version, make sure it is IE 11 installed on your machine.

>> The account is working FINE in all other regards where I use it, and I can login with no issues.

Where do you test login your Azure account, through Azure website or other client programs? Since it doesn't login in different machine in VS2015, I still recommend you change another account which could login through Azure website successful to login in Visual Studio 2015. It could help us confirm whether this issue related to the account or the Visual Studio 2015.

If the issue has been confirm caused by Visual Studio itself, please try with following steps to troubleshoot this issue.

1. Run Visual Studio as administrator to make sure it has enough permission to do any operations.
    2. Run Visual Studio in safe mode to check whether there has any VS packages and extensions causes this issue.
    3. Check the Azure related tools installed on your machine. Following list lists all Azure related tools installed on my machine. Please compare with them, whether there has any differences.
    • Azure App Service Tools v2.8.1
    • Common Azure Tools   1.8
    • Microsoft Azure Mobile Services Tools

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 15, 2016 2:28 AM
  • The issue is not related to a specific machine, as it can be reproduced across multiple machines on multiple networks and on an Azure Virtual Machine with Visual Studio 2015. The account used to work fine, but this issue came about 3 weeks ago.
    Thursday, December 15, 2016 9:15 AM

So this issue occurs on the one specific Visual Studio 2015 that on Azure Virtual Machine, is it right?

Since it works fine before 3 weeks ago, please check whether installed any VS packages/extensions and any Updates to confirm this issue caused by VS packages/extensions and updates or not.

In addition, please try repair your Visual Studio 2015 to check whether there has any installation problem on your Visual Studio 2015.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 15, 2016 9:43 AM
  • I state again. It is NOT related to the machine! I tried on 3 different fresh installations on three different networks and the issue is the same.

The issue is the account and it happened around the time that MSDN got migrated to my.visualstudio.com

The account is working fine in all other regards, but I am not able to use it to Register Visual Studio 2015, or use it to publish to Azure. When I add the account, the described error happens. 

Tuesday, December 20, 2016 9:14 AM

This forum is discuss Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

Since your issue is related to the account when MSDN migrate to my.visualstudio.com, I suggest you contact the account supporters from below site to get a better help. Thanks for your understanding.

https://www.visualstudio.com/subscriptions/support/

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, December 21, 2016 1:35 AM