none
Tab with idQ Attribute not Consistently Displayed RRS feed

• Question

• My primary customization tab (WSI) is implemented in a global add-in and uses the idQ attribute. I have discovered on opening certain documents, the WSI tab is not display; although, all other customization seems to be included in the ribbon and context menus.  When I change to the "id" attribute, the tab is properly displayed.

I'm not able to determine the pattern of the issue. I reverted back to what I thought was a stable, simpler version of the Global Add-in and discovered the idQ tab visibility problem is the same when opening certain docx files.  Opening .doc files does not produce the missing idQ tab problem. Also, when opening a new document from within Word the idQ tab is displayed.

Almost all of our documents are conversions from doc to docx, and this issues has not come up before.  I noticed it when I was testing some code on the newly-saved docx.

Is there any known issue with using the idQ attribute?

David Strickland

Sunday, January 19, 2014 2:17 PM

Answers

• Upon further digging, it turns out my test documents were pointing (as the document template) to a duplicate copy of the dotm located in my development folder, with the same dotm attached via the \Word\STARTUP\ location.

Clearing the attached template - changing to Normal - corrected the problem.

• Edited by GrouseHiker Sunday, January 19, 2014 5:22 PM
    • Marked as answer by GrouseHiker Sunday, January 19, 2014 6:02 PM
    Sunday, January 19, 2014 2:53 PM