adding project to TFS source control RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

when I try to add a project to the TFS-Source Control it will always be added to the first Team Project on the server.
    When my colleague tries to add a project to source control he is asked for a Team Project.

This dialog isn't opening on my Desktop.

Both machines are running VSTS on Windows Vista.

Is there any configuration which could cause this behaviour?

Thanks for your help.

Friday, October 19, 2007 2:55 PM

Answers

• This sounds like you already have the team project folder mapped in your workspace mapping. File > Source Control > Workspaces will show the workspace folder mappings. Your colleague must have a workspace folder mapping at a level below the team project mapping.

Hope this helps. -Tan

Monday, October 22, 2007 12:24 PM

All replies

•  

You might want to check the bindings dialog (File->Source Control->Change Source Control menu). If bindings exist, perform Unbind for the project.

Also thing to check is whether there is mapping set for the project folder in your current workspace.

Regards, Eugene

Friday, October 19, 2007 4:53 PM
  • This sounds like you already have the team project folder mapped in your workspace mapping. File > Source Control > Workspaces will show the workspace folder mappings. Your colleague must have a workspace folder mapping at a level below the team project mapping.

Hope this helps. -Tan

Monday, October 22, 2007 12:24 PM