none
ContentId versus ContentLocation RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

The MS-ASAIRS specification describes the ContentId as something that can be ignored by clients while the ContentLocation is described as an indentifier that can be used to match a reference to an inline attachment in an HTML message.

This looks like a typo in the documentation (the definitions have been exchanged) as in practice, the ContentId is the one that is used to reference an attachment in HTML messages.

In general, is there an errata for the MS-AS* family of documents and how can one be notified of updates to the specs ?

Thanks,

Arnaud Q

Friday, September 20, 2013 6:54 PM

Answers

• Hi Arnaud,

Thank you for bringing to our attention that in [MS-ASAIRS] v20131013 the descriptions of sections 2.2.2.8 ContentId and 2.2.2.9 ContentLocation are wrong.

2.2.2.8 ContentId
    This element is provided for informational purposes only and can be ignored by the client.

ContentId is needed for handling the inline attachments and ContentLocation is not needed; as you wrote the descriptions are switched.

I submitted a request that the documentation should be fixed.

Currently, there is no errata for the documentation as well as no mechanism set up for notification about a new release. When a new set of documentation is published, it is announced on the “Using the Open Specifications Documentation” forum.

I hope this answered your questions.

Thanks, Vilmos
    Wednesday, October 16, 2013 5:08 PM

All replies

• Hello Arnaud Q

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Support. A support engineer will touch base to assist further.

Regards.

Tarun Chopra | Escalation Engineer | Open Specifications Support Team

Saturday, September 21, 2013 2:36 PM
  • Hi Arnaud,

Thank you for your question. I am the engineer who will be working with you on this issue. I am currently researching the problem and will provide you with an update soon.

Regards,
    Vilmos Foltenyi - MSFT

Sunday, September 22, 2013 7:49 AM
  • Hi Arnaud,

I am still working on this issue. I hope soon I’ll have more information for you. Your patience is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Vilmos

Monday, October 14, 2013 7:55 PM
  • Hi Arnaud,

Thank you for bringing to our attention that in [MS-ASAIRS] v20131013 the descriptions of sections 2.2.2.8 ContentId and 2.2.2.9 ContentLocation are wrong.

2.2.2.8 ContentId
    This element is provided for informational purposes only and can be ignored by the client.

ContentId is needed for handling the inline attachments and ContentLocation is not needed; as you wrote the descriptions are switched.

I submitted a request that the documentation should be fixed.

Currently, there is no errata for the documentation as well as no mechanism set up for notification about a new release. When a new set of documentation is published, it is announced on the “Using the Open Specifications Documentation” forum.

I hope this answered your questions.

Thanks, Vilmos
    Wednesday, October 16, 2013 5:08 PM