none
Fatal Execution Engine Error (7297EF72) (80131506) RRS feed

• Question

•   I have a console app ,it crash frequently. it run in debug mode in visualstudio.  when it was dead (not response), if you click "Break All" menu on visualstudio , the visualstudio also will not response. (I have no way to debugger it).

after every crash , i can see a event log ".NET Runtime version 2.0.50727.5466 - Fatal Execution Engine Error (7297EF72) (80131506)"

.looking forward to your help.

• Moved by ThankfulHeart Thursday, November 29, 2012 7:58 AM Complicated problem needing analyzing in the English Forum, not a specific language. (From:.NET Framework 一般性问题讨论区)
    Thursday, November 29, 2012 5:49 AM

Answers

• Hi xiaowy,

Welcome to the MSDN Forum.

Please take a look at this thread: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/clr/thread/2b89ca3a-6a93-4d21-a5eb-d5b5d44c6dce 

From Kernal:

Here's a another thread where I explained a little bit more what this failure means http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/clr/thread/25ce2de0-1556-4f1f-979d-420bdd212abf/ (see my answer).

My rule of thumb is: Does it happen on 1 machine only, then it is most likely HW error. Does it happen only on the same type of machine setup (same SW, same HW), then it is likely some driver or invasive SW (like antivirus) bug. Those are hard to nail down.
    If you don't have repro and it happens only rarely, the best thing you can do is collect heap dumps. That might or might not help you to understand what is the problem. If it does not help you, you will need some expert to look at it. The chance that the dump will be useful and sufficient to pin down the problem is unfortunately not very high. The cost of these investigations is however high (in both time and money). If you are willing to spend the money, you can contact Microsoft support (I think the policy is that they will not charge you if it turns out to be a problem in Microsoft product - the chance of that is however pretty small).

I am sorry that I don't have better news for you. I hope it at least helps you understand what you are facing.

Best regards,

Mike Feng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, November 30, 2012 9:08 AM

All replies

• Is the Fatal Error occuring before or after you terminate the program (or break)?  Check the time of the event.  Does your code have any Exception handlers (try/catch)?  If you do get an exception handler error pop up copy the entire exception trace to the clipboard and paste into notepad. 

Does your code spawn any processes?  Check the task manager for processes with your user name to help isolate where the problem is located.  To debug these type errors you may want to create a log file to helpisolate where the problem is located.  Then write to the log file in different sections of your code to determine where the problem is located.

jdweng

Thursday, November 29, 2012 12:59 PM
  • Hi xiaowy,

Welcome to the MSDN Forum.

Please take a look at this thread: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/clr/thread/2b89ca3a-6a93-4d21-a5eb-d5b5d44c6dce 

From Kernal:

Here's a another thread where I explained a little bit more what this failure means http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/clr/thread/25ce2de0-1556-4f1f-979d-420bdd212abf/ (see my answer).

My rule of thumb is: Does it happen on 1 machine only, then it is most likely HW error. Does it happen only on the same type of machine setup (same SW, same HW), then it is likely some driver or invasive SW (like antivirus) bug. Those are hard to nail down.
    If you don't have repro and it happens only rarely, the best thing you can do is collect heap dumps. That might or might not help you to understand what is the problem. If it does not help you, you will need some expert to look at it. The chance that the dump will be useful and sufficient to pin down the problem is unfortunately not very high. The cost of these investigations is however high (in both time and money). If you are willing to spend the money, you can contact Microsoft support (I think the policy is that they will not charge you if it turns out to be a problem in Microsoft product - the chance of that is however pretty small).

I am sorry that I don't have better news for you. I hope it at least helps you understand what you are facing.

Best regards,

Mike Feng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, November 30, 2012 9:08 AM