How to get the Row No. RRS feed

• Question

• 1. This is my table in UI. the AC Code is 

2. Expression for my row visibility. Taxable Code is the Sub-Code for the A/C Code.

3. I group them based on RowNo. Name of the group is Group1

4. My Expression:

5. Result : I want the result to be Row 1 and 2, as shown below: Can anyone helped me what is the correct expression?

Thursday, June 27, 2019 10:44 AM

Answers

• Hi Alyaswaway,

Honestly, I can't understand what the relation between your case and your 1st / 2nd point. What's the that RowNo in third point? 

As I understood, you got two tables? Please clarify more detail about the structure of report, have you hided the RowNo in second? Since RowNo value is 1,2,3,4,5. What did you want to achieve when you group on them?

Anyway, seems to me you want to add row number to that last table? You could click for the tablix property, and copy the name of the tablix, see 

In your table, use 

=RowNumber("YourTablixName")

to get the row number.

Hope this helps.

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 28, 2019 2:52 AM

All replies

• Hi Alyaswaway,

Honestly, I can't understand what the relation between your case and your 1st / 2nd point. What's the that RowNo in third point? 

As I understood, you got two tables? Please clarify more detail about the structure of report, have you hided the RowNo in second? Since RowNo value is 1,2,3,4,5. What did you want to achieve when you group on them?

Anyway, seems to me you want to add row number to that last table? You could click for the tablix property, and copy the name of the tablix, see 

In your table, use 

to get the row number.

Hope this helps.

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 28, 2019 2:52 AM
  • Hi Alyaswaway,

In your table, use 

to get the row number.

Hope this helps.

Lukas

Good Day Sir Lukas,

How to count the row number in a visible expression which is in a group? I only want to count the visible not the hidden values. Example: Group1 contains 4 rows, I have a Row Visibility expression which is to hide:

=iif(Not(Fields!Detail_TaxAbleCode.Value like "*EWC*"), true, false)
    AND
    (iif(Not(Fields!Detail_TaxAbleCode.Value like "*EWI*"), true, false))

my report shows only 2 rows when I use this expression:

=RowNumber("Tablix3")

Row number 2 and 4.

Thanks

• Edited by alyaswaway Monday, July 1, 2019 5:58 AM
    Monday, July 1, 2019 5:43 AM