Creating a website based on an Access 2007 database RRS feed

• Question

• User-1869613806 posted

Hi,

I have created a database in Access 2007 for a university. Now, a new functionallity is required. What I need to do is a search function where students can search the database online. Now, they can only search using a front-end which is read-only, but they need to use a computer with Microsoft Access (or Runtime) and they need to be connected to the back-end which is located on a server.

Can anyone help me with guidance to make the database to work online? I am a novice to web programming. Which is the easiest way and how do I start?

The database has fields with Attachments. The students can search the database and open Attachments connected to the found posts, this part needs to be online. The personnel can edit and add data using a more complex front-end. This does not need to be online, they can still use Access.

Thankfull for all input

/Erik

Wednesday, October 6, 2010 2:30 PM

Answers

• User-1199946673 posted

Which is the easiest way and how do I start?

I don't think you should start with database development. First try to understand the basics of webdevelopment (using the tutorials an video's on this site in the WebForms section)

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, October 7, 2010 3:54 AM

All replies