none
Windows task ran by Ghost user logged RRS feed

• Question

• Hi friends,

This is my scenario:  I've a windows 2008 server with a windows task scheduled every day.  Yesterday the operator show me in the task's history there was an execution from a user that never login to this server (other operator).  This windows task has configured a windows group for execute it,  and the "ghost user" is member of this group.

my hypothesis is the following:

The only way this user could be registred like executor of this task is it was logged in on this server and the task executes following the schedule.

but yet i have doubts about this, so my question are: 

1) Do Exists a possibility that windows 2008 "choose" randomly the user for executes windows task when the task has configured a windows group from Active directory (where this user is member)?

2) Would be a bug documented on windows 2008?

3) Checking the task history i saw that sometimes the user that executes this task is the group (Domain\Group) and other times is the user logged.  Is normal this behavior?

Aditionally i checked the security viewer on server manager and i didn't find the login of this user. Only there is the login when task is executed.

Please help me with this

Greetings

Aleds

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 5:06 PM